You leave comments to any story by clicking on the comment link at the bottom of each posting. If there are no comments, the comment link will read "No Comments" ------------

Friday, October 11, 2013

Classic: What do you mean I can't jump on the kitchen table? [Harley]

What do you mean I can't jump on the kitchen table?

Harley: Blue_tick_coonhound

Hi every doggy!My name is Harley (Davidson that is :-) and I am a Bluetick Coonhound. I'm almost 2 years old (I was born in April and since I'm a rescue, my human servant Cindy designated April 1 as my birthday because she says I'm goofy) and I'm a big bundle of energy. My sister from another mother Abby (she's a black and tan coonhound mix but we won't hold that against her) and I came to live with Mommy Cindy on October 9, 2011, a week after her beloved dog Spike died after 13 years. Mommy was heart broken and going through some serious personal problems in addition to Spike's passing, so she wanted to start the search for the next dog expecting it would take a while to find that perfect match. So she went to the local Petsmart to look at dogs the Lost Dog & Cats rescue brought for their adoption event. Well guess what! I saw Mommy and knew she was to be rescued by me, I was even kind enough to overlook the fact that she specifically requested Abby to be there for her to meet. I went right up to her, stood on my hind legs, dog nosed kissed her on the mouth and wouldn't leave her side. I even played nice and made friends with Abby, we played like we were littermates. Naturally my good looks and sweet temperament won Mommy over (haha, SUCKER!) and she left with both of us hounds. The complete irony was she went in wanting to adopt a Doberman mix because she loves that breed and she left with two completely different dogs.
Since then, I've made it a point to be difficult when it comes to housebreaking, countersurf on a daily basis, rip apart a bag of raw oatmeal and ate half of it dry (I had dry oats stuck to my tongue for days), steal DVDs and methodologically destroy their paper covers (but not the plastic part), chew holes in the soft comfy down blankets on the sofa (hehehe), peed on the couch and goose everyone on the butt every chance I get. But my coup de grace was when I decided to jump on up on the 4 ft tall kitchen table, just so I can have a better view of my domain. I got to give it to Mommy, she was calmed enough to take pictures of me standing on the kitchen table and instead of yelling, she laughed. I took that as a cue and lay down on the table to take a nap. I guess it's not every day you see a 55 lb bluetick coonhound taking a catnap on the kitchen table. Unfortunately my comfort was short lived, Mommy has since continuously kicked me off the table. It took her 2 months to break that habit from me, what I didn't tell her is I've decided to take up the habit of scratching up the antique buffet table in the dining room instead (mwhahahahaha).
On the up side, after getting frustrated in trying to find all sorts of toys to keep me and my sister busy (apparently Spike was never much trouble, what a kiss up), Mommy has decided to pursue her own pet supplies business. It's all still a pipe dream for now, but she vows to get it in motion soon and we dogs will get to run the show. Now if only she can come up with a catchy name ...


TextAloudMP3


Date: 21-Mar-12Age: 2Sex: female
Home: Virginia, United States (USA)Damage: $1,000.00Human: Cindy

Comment:We are so glad you found her! Some say when the person is ready the dog will appear. You two sound like a bunch of fun! We hounds love our food and fun! But I cant get on the kitchen table. Buster

No comments: